BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. BEL Contracting offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
The BEL Contracting team includes superintendents, foreman, tradesmen, labourers, safety officers, project managers, estimators and a wide variety of office and project support personnel.
BEL Contracting is in search of a Civil Superintendent with extensive knowledge and experience in city, urban pipe laying and road building to join their team. As a BEL Superintendent, you will be the leader in providing direction to the trades and construction staff in the field, while coordinating their responsibilities and activities on multiple sites.
- Create and execute project plans to meet project schedules and critical path dates
- Ensure that crews excel within our safety culture and model the high standards that we expect of all employees
- Ensure that while production targets are met, our promise to our clients to provide a high-quality product is never compromised
- If a project issue or a scheduling conflict occurs, you will be one of the primary channels and will be responsible for solving these problems
- Understand job costing and forecasting costs to form a basis of decision on critical project tasks
- Understand contracts to recognize scope change and associated responsibilities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop safety plans specific to projects and ensure the project team works those plans
- Leads, schedules, and directs trades, subcontractors and other construction staff
- Mentor foremen and work closely with junior field engineers on site
- Team with project manager to ensure seamless project delivery to the client and identify critical aspects of execution
- Problem solve and propose creative project solutions on site in a fast-paced environment under the constraint of tight construction schedules
- Participate in estimates of execution hours, equipment & other resources required for construction projects
- Meet with new and existing clients to develop project opportunities through relationships
- Participate in pre-tender site and scope evaluations with the estimators
- Possess 6-10 years of leadership experience in the construction sector managing sites and projects similar to the jobs in our project portfolio
- Background of successfully completing complex underground civil utilities (potable water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, district heating), earthworks, roadbuilidng and other infrastructure projects
- Experience working with Lower Mainland BC soil conditions in all applications (Peat, Running Sand, Glacial Till, etc.)
- Technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study is an asset
- Proven track record of managing a diverse and challenging portfolio of construction projects
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office software