NorLand Limited consists of 14 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything. Possible for over 65 years!
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, is a civil contractor that has been active in the underground utility and road construction industry throughout western Canada for over 40 years. BEL Contracting has a proven track record of successfully completing transportation and infrastructure projects for provincial, municipal, and private sector clients. Our team of skilled and experienced professionals deliver quality work while focusing on safety, efficiency, schedule, and budget.
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited is looking for Experienced Equipment Operators. Please note there is no camp work / live out (LOA) available at this time.
Qualified candidates will have the following abilities:
- 5+ years working experience required on full size excavators
- Primary experience is on an Excavator, but ability to operate backhoe, dozer, &/or loader an asset
- Achieves maximum production with full attention to crew safety and the prevention of incidents
- Understands & completes daily equipment service requirements and inspection log
- Participates in safe work planning and communicates effectively
- Has experience with various shoring types and excavations to maximum reach of digging depth
- Has experience working with pipe crews and is comfortable working in tight spaces and in traffic
- Has experience digging around live systems
- Can pull trench, cut slope or grade to finish tolerance
- Experience with GPS systems an asset
** These positions mentioned above are Union position with the IUOE, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 115, earns Union wages, with extended Healthcare Benefits, access to additional training through the Training Plan, and a Union-sponsored Pension Plan.
BEL Contracting and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.