Joining NorLand means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You will work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped build.
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited and on behalf of Pacific Gateway Constructors GP is in search of a CSO/Health & Safety Coordinator for the Joint Venture Highway 91/17 project.
The 3-year project is located in Delta, BC. You will work with the project Health & Safety Manager to help support and achieve our goal of zero HSE incidents and maintain safety at all times on the job site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support project teams and workers by administering the corporate Health & Safety Plan
- Promote safe work policies and practices by attending work sites and engaging with site staff and workers through regular participation in H&S related activities such as hazard assessments, pre-task planning, toolbox meetings, daily/weekly inspections, spot inspections, etc.
- Review of H&S documents and manage the collation, dissemination, filing, and review of issues pertaining to H&S with the H&S manager or project team
- Review incoming field generated H&S documents and review issues pertaining to Health & Safety with the division managers or project teams
- Coordinate with operations staff to collect and manage Health & Safety statistics for the purpose of identifying trends in leading and lagging indicators.
- Prepare data and write text for project reports and assist in the preparation & presentation of monthly reports based on collected data, site field visits, and operations reports
- Participate in incident investigations, provide root cause analysis and ensuring follow-up actions are effectively carried out
- Chair the site Joint Occupational Health and Safety Monthly Meeting and follow up to ensure designated actions are understood and supported
- Deliver site orientations
- Promoting and managing ongoing Health & Safety training for staff and workers to ensure the project work force is current in required training and offered opportunity to improve.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by following safety rules and regulations as per the Project Health & Safety Program
- Work with project H&S Manager to update project H&S Management Plan incorporating modified SWPs and managing the related document control
- Any other duties required to maintain a safe and healthy worksite (for example, monitoring the injuries for our COR RTW Program)
- CSO certification
- 3 - 5 Years construction site experience in Health and Safety
- Valid Level 2 or Level 3 Industrial First Aid ticket
- Strong communication skills, with ability to interact with crews, supervision and client and government reps
- Ability to prepare quality inspection and investigation reports
- Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc)
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and nightshifts as required