We are a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, is looking for a Project Coordinator / Field Engineer to join their team.
You will work closely with Project Managers in managing through the construction phase of a variety of challenging projects. Your involvement will depend entirely on the size and scope of the project.
- Collaborate and assist Project Managers with all day to day project initiatives
- Solicit and organize subcontractor & supplier quotations and proposals
- Assist Superintendents and Project Managers by providing Field Engineering services
- Help promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on Norland sites is paramount
- Manage the administrative functions of projects including health & safety, quality, subcontractor progress, scheduling, and tracking particulars
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help with quantity take-offs, tendering and change order management
- Take project progress photos and prepare progress reports
- Work with foremen to ensure accurate completion of daily crew reports for payroll and equipment time processing
- Maintain an accurate bid list
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials and services.
- Track correspondence for daily job cost tracking, and update schedules as needed
- Technical school graduate at an early stage of their career (1-5 years’ experience)
- Confident communicator
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- AutoCAD skills preferred
- Experience with PDF Software for measuring length, area & volume from drawings
- Experience with scheduling software such as P6 and MS Project
- Knowledge of GPS surface models, Machine Control, and Rover based survey an asset.
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn