BEL Contracting, part of NorLand limited, is looking for a new team member to fill a remote site-based Project Coordinator position in Delta, BC.
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. BEL Contracting offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
Reporting to the General Manager, as a junior member of the operations team at BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, you will work closely with an Estimator/Project Manager and other experienced staff to develop and refine your skills in estimating and project management.
As part of the team you will be included in project management and operations initiatives such as process improvement, work flow analysis and program development where your schooling and experience will be considered a valuable asset. You will have the opportunity to join other NorLand project professionals who are seconded to our Major Projects teams as we continue to win and execute some of the largest infrastructure projects in the Province.
- Helps promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on Norland sites and offices is paramount.
- To learn best practices as it pertains to:
- Collaborating and assisting Estimators with all day to day estimating and project initiatives including participation in the estimate review and bid wrap up process.
- Assisting Superintendents and Project Managers by providing Field Engineering services.
- Working with senior staff to develop, assess and improve project management and operations systems.
- Administrative functions of projects including health & safety, quality, subcontractor progress, scheduling, and tracking particulars.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps with quantity take-offs, quote solicitation, comparative table analysis, WBS development, and estimate entry into the bid software.
- Take project progress photos, prepare progress reports, assist with health & safety, quality, environmental elements, quantity measurement, and other site documents.
- Work with foremen and superintendents to ensure accurate completion of daily crew reports for payroll and equipment time processing while analyzing job costing and helping to produce accurate budget forecasting.
- Assist the Estimating Manager in maintaining and updating an accurate bid list.
- Work with the procurement team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials and services.
- Correspondence tracking, daily job cost tracking, and schedule updating as needed.
- Participate in Project Management round tables and take on tasks to assist in the continuous improvement process.
- Technical school or Engineering graduate at an early stage of their career (1-3 years experience)
- Confident communicator
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Office and field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines) and frequent travel and interruptions
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business.
- Frequent local travel to work sites.
- On call for emergencies as needed.
BEL Contracting and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.