Do you consider yourself a Journeyman Project Manager / Estimator? Do you have 7+ years experience in Estimating and Project Management in the Vancouver area?
Are you ready to work with a solid team who treats you like family?
At NorLand we believe "Anything. Possible." We are in the business of connecting bright minds and entrepreneurial spirits to harness teamwork and collaboration. We thrive on continuous learning, improving and growing to produce high-quality, cost-effective results for our clients and our people.
Joining our family means bringing your ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager / Estimator at BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, will produce estimates for a wide range of complex and unique heavy civil infrastructure competitive tenders. Upon successful award, this person will manage and be responsible for all aspects of construction from start to finish.
- Review plans & specifications to determine scope of work and to define project requirements
- Develop complete estimates for tender submissions on small, medium and large heavy civil construction projects
- All aspects of project performance; startup, cost, schedule, quality, safety, environmental, client interface, operations, and closeout
- Communication with clients to maintain solid, long-term relationships DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the project and estimate requirements and establish a plan for developing the estimate
- Review scope of work, identify subcontractor packages and secure subcontract tenders for inclusion in the estimate
- Estimate all self-perform items; labour, equipment, materials etc.
- Prepare a complete estimate in Hard Dollar
- Prepare an estimate risk analysis and present the project execution plan and estimate details via a bid review meeting to the Estimating Manager and General Manager
- 7+ years’ minimum experience executing pre-qualifications, estimates, and contract negotiations for small to large heavy civil construction projects in the lower mainland
- 7+ years’ minimum experience managing all aspects of heavy civil construction from project start to project closeout in the lower mainland
- Onsite major project management experience in British Columbia is an asset
- P.Eng, EIT, technical diploma or extensive industry experience is a requirement
- Ability to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent customer service
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Projects skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines