We are a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited, is looking for a Project Manager/Estimator to join their team. You will produce estimates for a wide range of complex and unique heavy civil infrastructure competitive tenders as well as manage and be responsible for all aspects of construction from start to finish.
- Review plans & specifications to determine scope of work and to define project requirements
- Develop complete estimates for tender submissions on small, medium and large heavy civil construction projects
- All aspects of project performance; startup, cost, schedule, quality, safety, environmental, client interface, operations, and closeout
- Communication with clients to maintain solid, long-term relationships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the project and estimate requirements and establish a plan for developing the estimate
- Review scope of work, identify subcontractor packages and secure subcontract tenders for inclusion in the estimate
- Estimate all self-perform items; labour, equipment, materials etc.
- Prepare a complete estimate in Hard Dollar
- Prepare an estimate risk analysis and present the project execution plan and estimate details via a bid review meeting to the Estimating Manager and General Manager
- Work on Joint Venture major project pursuits (Request for Qualifications then Request for Proposals) with other companies estimating various aspects.
- Construction management of successful tenders, being responsible for all aspects of project performance such as safety, environmental, quality, budget, billing, schedule, and operations
- Claims and change order management
- Client and stakeholder point of contact
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers
- 7+ years’ minimum experience executing pre-qualifications, estimates, and contract negotiations for small to large heavy civil construction projects in the lower mainland
- 7+ years’ minimum experience managing all aspects of heavy civil construction from project start to project closeout in the lower mainland
- Onsite major project management experience in British Columbia is an asset
- P.Eng, EIT, technical diploma or extensive industry experience is a requirement
- Ability to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent customer service
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Projects skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License