BEL Contracting offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Project Manager/Estimator. As a Project Manager/Estimator at BEL Contracting, you will produce estimates for a wide range of complex and unique heavy civil infrastructure competitive tenders and manage all aspects of the project from start to finish.
- Analyze the project and estimate requirements and establish a plan for developing the estimate.
- Review scope of work, identify subcontractor packages and secure subcontract tenders through an evaluativeprocess for inclusion in the estimate.
- Estimate all self-perform items; labour, equipment, materials etc. using a bottom up approach based on pastexperience.
- Prepare a complete estimate in Hard Dollar.
- Prepare an estimate risk analysis and present the project execution plan and estimate details via a bid reviewmeeting to the Estimating Manager and General Manager
- Work on Joint Venture major project pursuits (Request for Qualifications then Request for Proposals) with othercompanies estimating various aspects.
- Be capable of full cycle project management of successful tenders, accepting responsibility for all aspects of theproject performance and jointly managing the onsite construction elements with an experiencedsuperintendent.
- Responsible for all aspects of claims and change order management while working with the client andconsultant to find the best solution for all parties.
- Be the Client and stakeholder single point of contact for your projects and ensure client relationships areprioritized ahead of a quick or easy win.
- Organize job costing summaries at project close out to maintain a library of historical unit rates for futurereference while preparing tenders.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience executing pre-qualifications, estimates, and contract negotiations for small to large heavy civil construction projects in the lower mainland.
- 5+ years’ minimum experience managing all aspects of heavy civil construction from project start to project closeout in the lower mainland.
- Onsite major project management experience in British Columbia is an asset.•P.Eng, EIT, technical diploma or extensive industry experience is a requirement.
- Ability to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Projects skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines while finding solutions to problems.
- Team player – must value the support of those around them and look for opportunities to help others succeed.
- Valid Driver’s License
BEL Contracting and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.