BEL Contracting is looking for a Senior Estimator to join their highly successful team.
This person will be the senior estimator of the department and thus will spearhead the largest and most challenging cost estimates and competitive tenders. In particular, a focus of this position will be major projects, typically involving joint venture partners and where BEL Contracting’s value of work is in excess of $20M.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the Senior Estimator will be responsible for:
- Leadership, development of people, and knowledge transfer within the estimating group
- Applying their experience as they conduct bid reviews of their subordinates prior to tender submission
The mandate for this position will be to:
- Help build upon the standards of excellence for the division’s estimating capability
- Pursue major projects as they become available
- Secure a reliable flow of profitable projects through accurate and competitive estimates
The ideal candidate:
- An experienced estimator in the construction industry who has dealt extensively with all sizes and types of underground utilities, petro-chemical/industrial sites, heavy civil infrastructure, and municipal, provincial, and federal projects with values up to or exceeding $100M
- Possess a college diploma, university degree or equivalent in Engineering, Construction Management or Building Technology
- A positive team player with a solid reputation among subcontractors, suppliers and the marketplace
- Results-oriented to ensure all deadlines are met
- Consistently delivers winning estimates resulting in profitable projects
This position is based in Burnaby, BC.
To explore this opportunity further, please click here